Well, then there are those who say they don’t pollute:
Posts Tagged ‘Environmentalism’
Posted in Environment, Obama, Socialism, tagged Al Gore, AWG, Blue Eagle, Climate Change, E.P.A., Environmentalism, FDR, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Global Warming, Great Depression, Green Triangle, Hugh S. Johnson, Jacob Maged, Jimmy Durante, National Industrial Recovery Act, National Recovery Administsration, New Deal, Obama, Ratcliffe-on-Soar, Rex Tugwell, WWI on April 20, 2009| 4 Comments »
July 20, 1933 – General Hugh S. “Iron Pants” Johnson, the head of the National Recovery Administration, declares the Blue Eagle to be the symbol of compliance with the National Industrial Recovery Act. The NRA was an agency created by Franklin D. Roosevelt as part of the New Deal, modeled on the War Industries Board of WWI, and was a part of the continuation of the war time economy, shifted to combat the Great Depression.
The Act instituted codes of “fair competition” for a multitude of industries, set minimum wages, maximum hours, and a pricing floor for almost all goods. This intrusion into the workings of the free market, even though the different elements were “voluntary,” were partly responsible for prolonging the depression, as well as highly unconstitutional. Housewives were urged, pressured, and embarrassed into purchasing products only from companies displaying the Blue Eagle symbol. Slogans of “doing your part” and “Buy now under the Blue Eagle” were rampant.
In a fireside chat, even Roosevelt spread the propaganda
In war, in the gloom of night attack, soldiers wear a bright badge on their shoulders to be sure their comrades do not fire on comrades, on that principle those who cooperate in this program must know each other at a glance.
Free Report: 5 Things to Know About Obama’s Health Plan
April 2017 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- 2010 Election ACORN AGW AIG Alabama Al Gore American Police Force Anita Moncrief Ann Coulter Arianna Huffington Barack Obama Barney Frank Birmingham Bonuses Budget California Cap-And-Trade Cargill China Chris Dodd Climate Change Congress Conservatism Conservatives Democrats E.P.A. Energy Policy Environmentalism Eric Holder Faith Fox News Freedom G20 Germany Global Warming GOP Health Care Henry Waxman Hugo Chavez Il Duce Iowahawk Iran Islam July 4th Laura Ingram Liberalism Maersk Alabama Mark Levin Media Meghan McCain MSM Nancy Pelosi National Debt Obama Oil Old Media Pirates Pork Red Dot Gear Republican Party Republicans Rick & Bubba Rush Limbaugh Sean Hannity Senate Socialism Somali Pirates Spending Bill Stimulus Bill Stock Market T-Day Tea Party Tim Geithner Toxic Assets Venezuela
Top 10 Posts
- The richest county in the country has moved far from Washington April 24, 2017
- French poll: Macron leads Le Pen by 24 points in runoff as also-rans unite behind him April 24, 2017
- Sean Hannity threatens legal action over accusation by former guest April 24, 2017
- North Korea detains third US citizen as tensions rise April 24, 2017
- It may be too late for Maduro to pacify Venezuela with “talks” April 24, 2017
- Nets Still Ignore: More Arrests in U.S. Female Genital Mutilation Case April 24, 2017
- Chelsea Handler Calls Steve Bannon 'Ugly, Fat,' 'Nazi' Klan Member April 24, 2017
- The President They Want: CNN & MSNBC Give Heavy Coverage to Obama Event April 24, 2017
- Mika Saves Schumer From Answering If Democrats Want Pro-Lifers In Party April 24, 2017
- MSNBC: Dems ‘Desperate’ for ‘Hero’ Obama to Trash Trump April 24, 2017
Unite The Blogs