Brought to you by two pinheads and a cartoon character on Deface the Nation. Sad, so sad.
Posts Tagged ‘AIG’
Senator John Kyl from Arizona has temporarily stopped the “Tax the Crap Out of Them” measure that the House of Representatives recently passed in a 328-93 vote [as an aside, the 85 Republicans who voted for this measure…just step down or switch your affiliation – thank you]. The Constitutionality needs to be debated, but both the House and the Senate are racing to get this bill through.
“I don’t believe that Congress should rush to pass yet another piece of hastily crafted legislation in this very toxic atmosphere, at least without understanding the facts and the potential unintended consequences,” Kyl was quoted as saying
Interestingly, the House version has a 90% excise tax against the AIG employees, while the Senate version has only a 35% tax, plus an additional 35% levied against AIG.
Just something I whipped up after listening to one-too-many people whine about AIG bonuses. Enjoy! If you want to use the picture, just provide a link to my site please.
Chris Dodd (D-CT), the Senate Banking Committee Chair, finally admitted that he was the one responsible for the AIG bonus loophole language that had mysteriously appeared into the Stimulus Bill. Oh, he had excuses (more here and here), but they are irrelevant to one important fact. At first, he had told the American public that he had no idea how that language got into the bill. This is not a case of an honest mistake. This is a case of a flat out lie.
Connecticut, you elected a liar, there is just no other way to put it. So, all of those who whined and threw your hissy-fit over the AIG bonuses, please direct your anger at Mr. Chris “Liar-Liar-Pants-On-Fire” Dodd. Thank you.
Now that we have established that he is a liar, everything he has said, and will say from now on, is suspect at best. He should, at least, be kicked off the Senate Banking Committee, at best, be impeached. Dishonesty is dishonesty. Democrats need to show that they have some principles.
Yeah, who am I kidding?
The President, Congress, and the Media are whipping up the American people into a National Hissy-Fit over AIG’s “bonuses”. Barney Frank wants their names, or he’ll subpoena AIG for them. Chucky-Cheese Schumer has promised to get the money back “one way or another.” The Media is running almost non-stop viewer statements of angry Americans who are apoplectic over these bonuses. I have never seen anything like it (more here). The closest was Congress and the Media beating up on the oil executives over “windfall profits” made at a time when gasoline cost over $4 per gallon.
It is obvious that Tim Geithner, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and the President knew about the pay structure of AIG. And these “bonuses” are a part of their pay structure. These are not some monetary version of the “cherry on top”, but are in fact an agreed upon portion of AIG’s payroll. Taxes will be paid on this money, well over a third, and probably half, of this money in fact will return to the Treasury (not the “American Taxpayer” – we will never see a dime). But, in the grand scheme of things – so what?
Congress agreed to bail out AIG. All they needed to do was suspend Mark-to-market accounting that drained AIG’s cash, but instead they handed the insurance giant a few huge checks. Congress did it without strings. Additional funding was provided for in the Stimulus Bill, and provisions included to exempt AIG (and other bailed-out corporations) from restrictions on meeting its payroll obligations. We fought and fought against this bill, however, it passed. Ironically, many – if not most, of the people who supported the Stimulus are now joining in this National Hissy-Fit.
Pardon me for a moment while I say…WE TOLD YOU SO!
Anyway, there is only ONE reason why the President and Congress began this Hissy-Fit. Class warfare. This was absolutely orchestrated and the Media, along with millions of Americans, fell for it hook…line…and sinker. Il Duce wants the average American to be beyond angry at bankers, Wall Street, and companies like AIG. He wants you to be angry at oil companies. He wants you to be jealous of Americans who earn more money than you.
He is playing you like a fiddle my friend.
Obama’s next step will be to subtly change his language to produce a distinction between those who work with their hands for a paycheck, and those who use intellect, or assets, to make a living. Bankers and Wall Street executives are a perfect target. The average American has no idea how the financial market works, nor can they comprehend the amount of money that flows through their hands. It does not matter how much these people work, or sacrificed to obtain their position. It does not matter how much education they have. It does not matter that these people are needed. It does not matter that they are our fellow citizens. To Il Duce, they are the enemy of the common worker, “the people”, and therefore, the State. The original Il Duce, Benito Mussolini, felt the same way and played the same game.
Socialism, and its evil twin Fascism, require that there is a distinction between workers and “the elite”. This distinction becomes a weapon to nationalize our financial institutions. It allows the criminalization of those who took risks with their assets, made loans, or created the widget everyone bought. With criminalization comes seizure of their “ill-gotten” assets to “return them to the American taxpayer.” When that happens, we will no longer be in a Representative Republic. Will will be in a Socialist State. Life in this country will be irrevocably altered, for the worse.
We need to wake up. WAKE UP! Stop giving in to these divisive hissy-fits. Call them what they are and fight to keep our country free. Please, don’t let me, as my last act of defiance before being arrested as a political dissident, type the words…”I TOLD YOU SO!”
Free Report: 5 Things to Know About Obama’s Health Plan
April 2017 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- 2010 Election ACORN AGW AIG Alabama Al Gore American Police Force Anita Moncrief Ann Coulter Arianna Huffington Barack Obama Barney Frank Birmingham Bonuses Budget California Cap-And-Trade Cargill China Chris Dodd Climate Change Congress Conservatism Conservatives Democrats E.P.A. Energy Policy Environmentalism Eric Holder Faith Fox News Freedom G20 Germany Global Warming GOP Health Care Henry Waxman Hugo Chavez Il Duce Iowahawk Iran Islam July 4th Laura Ingram Liberalism Maersk Alabama Mark Levin Media Meghan McCain MSM Nancy Pelosi National Debt Obama Oil Old Media Pirates Pork Red Dot Gear Republican Party Republicans Rick & Bubba Rush Limbaugh Sean Hannity Senate Socialism Somali Pirates Spending Bill Stimulus Bill Stock Market T-Day Tea Party Tim Geithner Toxic Assets Venezuela
Top 10 Posts
- London terrorism suspect a former ‘humanitarian activist’ April 29, 2017
- New conservative news network in the works to challenge Fox from the right? April 29, 2017
- North Korea fires ballistic missile after release of video showing missile attack on U.S. Capitol April 28, 2017
- Another pro-life win: Trump appoints Yoest to top HHS post April 28, 2017
- State Department to Nikki Haley: Before you say anything important on foreign policy, clear it with us first April 28, 2017
- Politico Shocked at Positive-Thinking Americans Outside Liberal Media Bubble April 29, 2017
- Rolling Stone Reviews New Book on Failures of Clinton's Campaign April 28, 2017
- Media, Activists, Hollywood Remember Ellen’s Coming Out: ‘We All Need To Be Ellens’ April 28, 2017
- Chris Pratt Thanks God, Family: ‘Without You, This Wouldn’t Mean Anything’ April 28, 2017
- New Politico CEO Patrick Steel Claims He 'Skews Moderate Politically'....But Look at His Donations April 28, 2017
Unite The Blogs